Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I AM DELIGHTED TO OPEN THE PARTY - THE FIRST GUESTS ARRIVED

Eva-Maria, Hamburg, Germany

A story...
I like snakes, once I had a Boa on my arms, still not big, only about two meters long. I liked the dry, warm touch of its skin, which is very different from what one would imagine. The smoothness of its scales, the pressure of its muscles as it coiled herself around my arm... There is only one reason why I do not like to have a snake: It has to be fed with animals, and even if they are already dead, they got killed for that purpose, and this I do not want.

I sent you an iguana, a bunch of snakes and a dragon head. I wish all of us a lot of joy at this party!
 The Reptile Quilt is almost finished!  Please zoom in to see the details of Eva's marvelous work!

Sheva, New York, United States 
The sweetest and most interesting and smart girl ever! Follow her blog, you won't regret it!

On the subject of Gin in Orange Juice. It reminds me of the poem Have Some Madeira, M'Dear

Have some madeira, m'dear
You really have nothing to fear
I'm not trying to tempt you, that wouldn't be right
You shouldn't drink spirits at this time of night
Have some madeira, m'dear
It's really much nicer than beer
I don't care for sherry, one cannot drink stout
And port is a wine I can well do without
It's simply a case of chacun a son gout
Have some madeira, m'dear… 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AngjzfSJypE

Hagar, Beit Shemesh, Israel
http://hagarae.blogspot.com
SURPRISE!!! SURPRISE!!!
I am bringing to the party..........freshly baked bread! What kind of a party is it if we have got nothing to eat!!!

And I will share with you my Challa recipe!
2 cups of water
6.5 cups of flour
2 spoons dry yeasts
1 tea spoon salt
1/4 cup of sugar (more sugar may be added for a sweater bread)
1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil)
1 egg

Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius. Mix the flour with sugar and salt.
Mix 3.5 cups of flour mix with water and yeast for about three minutes. Leave for five minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients. Knead on lightly floured surface until the dough is elastic. Brush the dough with a little oil and place in a bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel and leave for an hour or until dough doubles its volume. Knead again, cover and leave for another half hour. You may prepare rolls or two big breads. Form the bread or the rolls, leave for another half hour. Brush with beaten egg and spread with sesame or poppy seeds or any other seeds. Bake in a preheated oven for ten minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180 degree Celsius. Bake for another 20 minutes.
When I make rolls I brush them with beaten egg and dump the upper side of each roll in different seeds or spices to give them a colorful look. 

Good luck and Bon Appétit!


Birgit, Germany
http://2bsworld.blogspot.com

Dear Yael, I did reflect upon your idea about the blog party and I think a nice ball game fits quite well with a party. So I selected some photos with Barny and edited them. He loves to play ball in the garden and his pleasure and enthusiasm can be seen in the mimic and expressions of his face and in his powerful jumps and frolicsome leaps.
I think it's beautiful, that one can see how very absorbed Barny is in the game. He always bestows such a positive attitude and bliss that every time anew I delight in looking at the pictures we took of him. I am sure your party guests will be pleased too with those photos.
I wish you fun with creating your blog party and hope that you find a little distraction from every day life. Many loving regards from Birgit and Barny.

Wanda Miller, Newcastle, California, United States


What perfect timing...I can bring a little present to the party. I am giving away a little mixed media painting on my blog right now, till Jan. 2. It's all about gratefulness, friendship and new life! You had a grand idea here, Yael! XO Wanda.




Vered Skolnik, Israel 
www.veroque.etsy.com

Yael, your blog party is a wonderful idea and I will be happy if you choose something from my store!




Dawn, Germany
http://latouchablesbagsandthings.blogspot.com

Hi Sweetie! For your party,  I would like to come as a Picasso painting--see my blog. XOXO Dawn. :-)

Ahhh, Picasso...the legend of Picasso.....and where he mentioned that there were no excuses for artist's block, that you could make art on the lowest of incomes, make art out of matchstick boxes...
He also mentioned something about economy of style, that when you paint a painting, use the biggest paintbrush possible for that painting, and only that one paintbrush, even in the details.

Wonderful guests are already here, thank you for coming, I admire and love you all and I am looking forward for many more friends to join our happy and joyous party.







                                                                                  






13 comments:

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

Yayyy, Yael--I'm a bit tipsy already--can you see it by my funny walk? :-D So nice to meet the other guests! Oh--someone is knocking on the door--better go let them in!

Terri said...

Such fun! I really enjoyed your party!
<3 Terri

Annuk said...

What a colorful and joyful party you have hosted, Yael! It's great to meet your lovely guests!!! I really enjoyed meeting each one of them... such beautiful and happy creations, recipes, and there's even a sweet doggie :)!
I will come to the party very soon :)!!! Save some drinks and pastries for me!

Unknown said...

Oh Oh! I already had too much to drink! It is cold and drinking a little is just the right thing! Cheers! To friendship and a happy new year!

Eva said...

How great it is to see other's work in a row, together, joining one friend who is the center of all these components. I'm happy to be in between.
Ich sende noch einmal die Bilder in besserer Fassung, die sind wirklich etwas unscharf, nicht wahr?

Pesky Cat Designs said...

This is the best party! So much fun, creativity and love. I hope I will not be too late to join in. My kitty Anni wants to come as well and hopes that Golda will be there. She plans to bring some catnip!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

ooohhh, this is a wonderful original sharing party, yael!!! can't wait for the other guests to arrive!!! xo

Yael said...

Thank you, thank you! This is so much fun!
And I would LOVE to have more guests, just come, bring something creative, enjoy! Tell us something, show!

2 B's World said...

Liebe Yael,
gerade habe ich mich in meinem Blog für dieses Jahr verabschiedet, da mich eine Erkältung umgehauen hat. Aber nun sehe ich, daß deine Party begonnen hat und von dem, was ich sehe, bin ich wirklich begeistert. Sobald ich wieder fit bin, werde ich auf die Blogs der Partygäste hüpfen und mich dort ein wenig umsehen. Es sind ja wahre Künstler auf deiner Party.

Herzliche Grüße von Birgit

Eva said...

Hey! I saw you exchanged pictures. When on earth did you do this? Early in the morning?

veroque said...

Such a joy being here:)
אני גאה בך שאת מצליחה להתעלות על קשיי היום ולמצוא את נקודות האור והשמחה.
מאחלת לך שנה חדשה, נפלאה, מלאת תקווה, אופטימיות, בריאות והמון אהבה:)

... said...

Oh, what a marvellous party you are hosting, Yael! And such joys the guests brought with them.
Great fun to read and see the photos :)

Yael said...

Please come too Hilde, I would be so happy! I know you have a LOT to show and tell!!