Sunday, September 25, 2011

MONASTERY SAVINA MONTENEGRO

The cats at the many monasteries in Montenegro are very well cared for. Here we were greeted by three lovely pitch black ones, who of course reminded me of Goldie.

And then this other one - mhmmmm, melting my heart...
Outside the monastery yard I spotted cyclamen - I could not believe my eyes and called my husband. Cyclamen in September? Wow, got he excited - yes there is a variety of cyclamen which grows in autumn, but he never was lucky to see them before!
Cyclamen graecum is their botanical name. They have this typical little knots at the bottom of the pink flower petals, called auricles, they bloom in autumn, they have five petals with distinct thin magenta colored stripes on them, and they are darker at the bottom. What a pleasant special surprise gift of the day!
 
Photographs by Uri Eshkar.

8 comments:

Dies und Das vom Neckarstrand said...

Yael, wieder wunderschöne Fotos von den Katzen und den Blüten. Wir nennen sie Alpenveilchen!
Einen guten Start in die neue Woche wünscht
Irmi

zsazsazsu said...

melting ................

veroque said...

Oh Yael.... I love love the photos...
gives us some more:)

veroque said...

sorry - give...

... said...

Lovely photos! The cats are just beautiful, and it is so nice to hear that they are well cared for :)
The cyclamens are gorgeous!

glazedOver Pottery said...

Such phenomenal photography! And the cyclamen..so bold and chutzpani of the cyclamen to think it can inside itself out like that and get away with it. That's the quintessential "I-just-gotta-be-me" flower, and how lovely are the results, eh?

Annuk said...

Oooohhhhh..... melting again!!!!! :)
It's so heartwarming to know these sweet kitties are well cared for! Wonderful photos of cats and flowers (I love cyclamen!)!
You are spoiling us, Yael... thank you! :)
Have a great week!
Hugs

Faxi Nadu said...

that cat is amazing!!!!!