Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NURSERY JOY

Yesterday on my way home I stopped at a nursery to buy some herb plants for the garden. I chose chive, peppermint, parsley and basil. And as you can surely understand from the photos I could not resist the lovely colorful pansies (Stiefmuetterchen) with their sweet faces.
On the road to our little town we have on a stretch of about one kilometer, wait I have to count, two, three, yes five big Arab nurseries. And they have PLENTY of plants, and a lot more of wonderful stuff! Flowers, herbs, trees, shrubs, cacti, house plants, seeds and bulbs! They sell containers for planting, made from ceramic, wood, plastic, even concrete, huge ones and small ones. They have soil, stones, pebbles, fertilizers, fencing, ready to plant grass patches, garden gnomes, watering cans. Whatever you need and want for your garden, your home and your balcony, you can find it there! And you get a smile and a Turkish coffee too! We love to buy from them! Every tree and plant in our garden was brought from those nurseries.
I always wanted to take photos there - this time I finally did it - and I got some funny looks! Oh, never mind! :-)
Photos taken with my humble little camera - not the quality of my husbands pictures of course! :-)

And now I am going to work on that bag! I hear you all! :-)

15 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Everything is for sale, roll up, roll up.

Hilde said...

Love the photos :) And I am sooo envious! There are so many beautiful plants and flowers there. Would have loved to be there with you :)

Enjoy the herbs, Yael. Hope to hear more about them later :)

Jutta said...

Liebe Yael,

herrlich Deine Fotos vom Pflanzenmarkt. Da kommt doch gleich Vorfreude auf.
Wir hier müssen aber noch ein Weilchen warten, bis es soweit ist.

Liebe Grüße
Jutta

TarracoStyle said...

hola, gracias por tus comentarios. me encanta tu post, las flores son maravillosas.
muchos besos

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

...my FAVORITE places on earth, nurseries! i love seeing your photos and taking a walk, perusing all this beauty. and i just love those polka dot watering cans. as far away as we live across the earth yael, some of the pottery is the same that we have in america. i guess stuff travels far and wide now. THANK YOU for the tour! xo

glazedOver Pottery said...

Absolutely GLORIOUS! I was once asked to take photographs for a farm stand and although I'm not the world's most talented photographer, I did manage to get some beautiful pictures. There is something about the blend of textures and colors in such a place that lends itself so easily to the camera. A feast for the eyes!

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Such beautiful flowers! =)

pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

YES--we have these beautiful gardenhouses around here--all in winter hibernation--and I WANT to see your bag!!!

You know, the leather one :-D

mispapelicos said...

Fabulous photos.
Do look for Chocolat and let me know when you see it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mispapelicos said...

hAHHAHAHHA. I do hope you enjoy it. Do let me know
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

- Yvonaut -
Das sind Raphael und Yvonne
said...

Liebe Yael!

Sooo viele Pfanzen! Ihr habt ja etwas wärmeres Wetter wie wir.. obwohl es ja auch nicht kalt ist hier..
Schöne Fotos!
Liebe Grüsse
Yvonne & Raphael

Tomoko said...

Hi,Yael.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, and joiniing to Gree Tomato.

Those many flowers are so beautiful. I like those red watering pots in the fifth photo. Is it summer in your area now?

RedRose.

Cec said...

I love those watering frogs!

Magia da Inês said...

º°❤ Lugar agradável.
Linda série de fotos.
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil
°º✿
º° ✿ ✿⊱╮

rc cars said...

This all photos are really great.All plants with flowers look really great and awesome.